Thread: Norval Park north of Bundaberg, QLD

Norval Park north of Bundaberg, QLD

G'day All,

This is a top spot for an overnighter/weekend camp, it's just up the road from us and we quite often just go for a bbq and a fish if nothing's on.

you can choose to camp in the provided spots (seen here Norval Camp ) or as a lot do, just head south parallel to the beach and pick a spot, there are numerous grassy spots under casuarinas right on the dunes (red), you can get all the way down to the Kolan River (blue) at low tide or head north to Littabella Creek (yellow) for some good fishing.

norval.jpg

access is north from Bundy via Bundaberg-Lowmead Rd, turn right at Yandaran, when in Yandaran turn left over the railway line and follow your nose for about 12km approx to the camp via Sth Littabella Rd

norval2.jpg

might see you there one day

cheers

Never been there tommo but i hear it is a top spot will have to check it out soon going for a look at baffle creek in the next couple of weeks i camped once at rules a very long time ago it was ok aswell

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Never been there tommo but i hear it is a top spot will have to check it out soon going for a look at baffle creek in the next couple of weeks i camped once at rules a very long time ago it was ok aswell
    G'day Jason, both the Baffle and Rules are good spots, we live in a good area don't we

are you going into Deepwater NP ?

let us know if you're ever close by

cheers

Used to go to deepwater and the springs alot when i was younger spent alot of time at 1770 aswell ,originally from Gladstone, there is some great coastal camping between rockhampton and Bundaberg we are probally spoilt abit five rocks near Yeppoon was another favourite haunt was a big adventure driving in there 25 years ago
    cheers Jason

Hey tommo can you get a fifth wheeler there. Mate has one wants to go somewhere tommorrow we where going up to cania but they are all booked , also is there any point taking a tinny we are only tent campers at this stage so we will be right but was thinking of taking the tinny

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Hey tommo can you get a fifth wheeler there. Mate has one wants to go somewhere tommorrow we where going up to cania but they are all booked , also is there any point taking a tinny we are only tent campers at this stage so we will be right but was thinking of taking the tinny
    Gday Jase, all depends how big it is mate, when i was there at easter a bloke had a huge caravan parked up just inside the entrance to the beach campsites (not the council ones) it is grassy and fairly compacted sand for about 50 metres but after that is is a bit chopped up and soft sand so it should be OK.
    as far as the tinny goes, can you launch from the beach ?
    you could always take it around to Miara http://bundaberg.qld.gov.au/discover...ay-parks/miara and launch it there i think, it's good crabbing in the Kolan at the moment and it's not far from the camp around to Miara.

let us know how you go mate, i might take the young bloke up for a quick fish over the weekend and say gday

cheers

Tommo

got up to Norval for the day

drive right to the dunes

got a week in the CT here coming up very soon

cheers

Looks like a great spot. Looks like chops for lunch.
    "They walk amongst us"
    THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW, THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW

dno.

How goods that??? You would be hard pressed to find a better spot for lunch mate
    Living The Dream

BBQ on the beach looks tops Tommo
    just spent 8 days at Fraser lots of beach there

cheers Jason
    Everybody Dies But Not Everybody Lives

Nice, get any fish ?

Yeah got a few ,crazy fishing amongst the masses
    but great fun, will post up report later

cheers Jason
    Everybody Dies But Not Everybody Lives

They look alright mate, time to get the smoker out

Thread Information